2011 BOGI Fair
- Special guest Annette McFarlane
- North Pine Poultry Club with rare poultry breeds
- Demonstrations of everyday gardening applications
Please download a copy of the 2011 Fair flyer and spread the word.
More 2011 Details
If you’ve ever wondered how to garden organically or if you’re just curious about the real benefits of eating organically, the 26th annual Brisbane Organic Growers Fair in Windsor, Brisbane is where you should head on Sunday the 2nd of October 2011.
The fair is free and welcomes all comers, even if you have never turned a spade in your life.
The fair spreads from the Albion Peace Hall, 102 McDonald Road Windsor, under the Albion overpass and into the neighbouring park, with produce stalls, demonstrations, information and BOGI members to access for all your organic queries. There will also be a BOGI café serving freshly cooked organic sausages, cakes, quiches, salads, tea and coffee.
Organic growing also means using environmentally sustainable practices without artificial fertilisers or chemical pest control. Come along and find out about worm farms, chook tractors, no-dig-gardens, making compost and growing your own fruits and vegetables.
Seasoned organic growers will be on hand to welcome inquiries on how you can start your own organic patch (you don’t need an area any bigger than a patio pot). BOGI members relish showing their practices to the public and say there is no question too silly to ask - and their expertise in keeping gardens healthy during drought and water shortages will be particularly valuable.
Train travelers to the fair will find it on the western side of the Albion Railway station.
The 2011 fair will, as always, be a great chance to spread the word about the benefits of Organic Growing and Organic Living to the wider community. Stallholders' participation in the Fair play an important part in making this annual event a success.
We welcome your application to have a stall at our Fair.
- The cost of a stall is $25.00 for Members or $30.00 for Non-Members.
- Stall sites will be approximately 2.5 metres.
- Tables will be available for hire for $15.00 each.
- Stallholders must be set up by 8.00am and all vehicles to be removed from the area by then.
- Each stallholder must complete a Stallholder Application Form and return with Stall Fee by Friday 9 September to the 102 McDonald Road, Windsor, Brisbane.
- Brisbane Organic Growers Inc reserves the right of refusal.
Please do not hesitate to contact the fair convenor with any queries.
Fair Convenor Contact Details
For more information on the fair and on organic growing in general, contact:
Organiser: Graeme Crombie
Phone: (07) 3298 6137